Motor City Comic Con welcomes individuals of all abilities and is a fully accessible event. We are dedicated to improving our efforts to ensure full access and we encourage all feedback and suggestions in order to improve your experience.
Following is information explaining the accommodations provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions, please contact us here. We will do our best to help you enjoy your MC3 experience.
MC3 provides ADA Wristbands to persons who may have mobility, physical, vision, hearing, cognitive, psychological, or any other type of disabilities that may not be visible. This ADA wristband identifies you to Staff and Security and indicates that you may need additional assistance.
Please note that the ADA wristband does not provide admission, you must have a valid admission wristband.
ADA wristbands are for the use of one individual only during the course of Motor City Comic Con 2022. ADA wristbands cannot be redistributed, resold, or reallocated. Failure to comply with this will result in revocation of your admission without refund and the inability to attend future Motor City Comic Con events.
We provide priority seating for fans with disabilities as available. All seating for panels and screenings are on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone.
Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive to a panel at least 30 minutes prior to the event so that we can best accommodate you. Keep in mind that all our events/attractions are very popular, and we will make every effort to help you access the panels that are important to you.
The ADA Service Counter will be located inside the main registration area. Here you can:
– Pick up your ADA wristband.
– Ask any questions regarding accessibility for the event and/or convention center.
– Learn about other accessibility services.
– Counter opens 1+ hours prior to show opening.
– Please indicate to any staff member that you are going to the ADA Service counter and they will direct you in.
– Pre-Opening Seating: We will have a seating area for ADA attendees to wait prior to the daily opening of MC3. After picking up your wristband you may wait for the show to open without having to stand in a line.
ADA wristbands are valid for all days of the event.
– Please DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration of the event.
– One companion ADA wristband will be issued for each ADA attendee; exceptions may be made for families with young children.
Service animals are permitted in the venue; however, this DOES NOT include:
– Emotional support animals
– Therapy animals
– Companion animals
Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be allowed into the event and provided with the appropriate credentials.
– All service animals must always remain by the handler’s side and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
– Service animals must be housebroken and should use the grassy areas on the north of the convention center to “walk” the animals.
– YOU are responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
– All animals must have legally required vaccinations.
The venue is fully accessible for people with mobility disabilities. We encourage all guests to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, please inquire at the ADA Service Counter. You should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge your devices.
Disability Parking is available with a placard or license plate.
PLEASE NOTE: A limited number of wheelchairs and scooters are available for free use from the convention center. These are given out on a first-come basis and cannot be reserved ahead of time. Please call Lori Kemp at 248 496 2751 or email at email@example.com
ASL interpreters will be available on-site for panels/Q&A’s. Interpreters are scheduled for most major panels, however, for smaller panels, pre-paid events, after-hours events, photo ops, or autographs, you will need to request this in advance by contacting us here.
In continually trying to make Motor City Comic Con more accessible we encourage you to contact us here for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.
Overflow parking at Novi Middle School
$2.00 per person round trip shuttle from Novi Middle School